Warning: Use of undefined constant MSW_WPFM_FILE - assumed 'MSW_WPFM_FILE' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/baliexpa/public_html/bali-visa.com/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-file-monitor/wordpress-file-monitor.php on line 39
Social cultural visa » Bali Visa Information

Social cultural visa

Posted by Mike on December 20, 2009 under Uncategorized | Read the First Comment

The social/cultural visa is for people visiting Indonesia for social or cultural reasons or visiting friends and family. The visa does not allow any form of work.

The visa is good for a stay of 60 days, but can be extended four times on a monthly basis, for a maximum stay of 6 months.

You need to have an Indonesian national sponsor you for the visa. You need a copy of your sponsor’s KTP (ID card) and an invitation letter, signed by your sponsor.

Some embassies require proof of funds and a letter from your employer stating that you intend to return to your country after your stay in Bali.

At the Indonesian embassies in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur the requirements are less strict. Typically only a copy of your sponsor’s KTP and invitation letter is required.

If you are planning to spend most of your time in Bali, it is better to make sure your sponsor’s address on their ID card is in Bali.

Extending your visa

The social visa can be extended up to four times on a monthly basis. To apply for a renewal, you need to apply at immigration at least one week before your current visa expires.

You will need to provide a photocopy of your sponsor’s KTP as well as a copy of the front page of your passport and a copy of your current visa.

Many foreigners in Bali use the service of a visa agent to handle the extensions. For the little bit of money it costs to use an agent, it is money well worth spent.

For the second extension, whether you use the services of a visa agent in Bali or not, you are required to visit your local immigration office in person, to have your fingerprints and photograph taken.

  • Tony Wilmot said,

    I am currently in bali on my sosial cultural visa )3 months in)… I have to go home urgently for a family matter.. can I re apply in Perth wa for another 6 month soscial visa with all the required docs? Thanks Tony

Add A Comment